Friday 26 June 2015

The New Kimono Update | 3 Trends to Wear this Summer


I love kimonos! 

They are a summer style staple of mine as they are so easy to throw on over a bikini or jeans and a cami.
  
I just finished making a new kimono this week using this gorgeous oriental, floral fabric and it made me realise just how versatile the kimono really is! I have made a few now and different fabrics makes each one a little unique as well as suiting lots of trends and style. 

So here is a little guide on the top kimono trends and prints for this summer and three ways to wear.
  



The Oriental Kimono

You have to look no further than the Met Ball in NYC earlier this year to see that 'Far East Lux' is a big trend this season. Large placement florals with botanical leaves and exotic colours epitomise this trend. 
Deep navy blue is one of my favourite colours, and I think it looks gorgeous with this print. The silky sheen of the fabric adds a touch pf luxury to this kimono and gives it a 'grown up' sophiscated look. This would be perfect for a meal with friends or even a day at work. 


The Vintage Kimono

Add a little retro glamour to your kimono with some vintage velvet fabric like this one...
I always admire gems like this when out vintage shopping, so when I saw this fabric in the mill shop I thought it would be perfect to make a 70's inspired kimono at a fraction of the price. It really makes the kimono look expensive and retro without the price tag. The great thing about this one is that is can be worn anywhere, with ripped highwaisted mom jeans and a bralet top.




 The Boho Kimono

Lastly is the super cool Boho style kimono. Boho is my favourite trend this summer, it's just so laid back and easy to wear. I love this paisley print in a bright mustard colour and the black fringing again adds a festival/traveler chic to the garment.

I would wear this one with crochet crop top and highwasited shorts to a festival.




All these kimonos are handmade with love by me and are available from my Etsy store here...

  
Whats is your favourite way to wear the kimono. 
What trends are you loving this summer?

Thanks for reading!

Anna x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig